The Impact of Telemedicine on Coronavirus
At HNC Virtual Solutions, we are actively monitoring the worldwide outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a telemedicine provider, we believe increasing awareness of a commonly available service, like virtual consultations, can help keep people safe.
Virtual consultations began as a convenience that care providers offered their members, but are now growing in popularity due to situations like Coronavirus. Utilizing this telemedicine service allows patients to receive consultations without the need for putting themselves, or others, at higher risk by visiting the hospital. These consultations simultaneously free up local providers’ urgent care facilities for patients that need more than a virtual consultation. This service is offered by most insurance plans and care providers already; it is typically accessed through a mobile app or online. The best way to find out if your care provider or insurance plan offer telehealth virtual consultations is to reach out to them directly.
In addition to telehealth consultations, there are a number of simple tips to help protect yourself and others from the Centers for Disease Control:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, unless you are caring for an ill family member or friend or are in the healthcare profession.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Please inform your care provider before visiting the hospital if you suspect you are ill with COVID-19.
- Reduce travel and increase social distancing when possible.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or into our sleeve – not your hands. Throw the tissue in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have questions about telemedicine services, please contact us at 855-284-3363 or email@example.com.